This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Butterfly bush bloom




I was so excited yesterday when I went outside to look at my plants. I could not believe my eyes I had a bud on one of my butterfly bushes. I bought the seeds in January of this year and planted them in February. The seeds were nothing more than dust and at the time I was not sure if they would germinate. I had never grown anything like that before and was not sure if I would be successful. Well I guess I must be doing something right because I have a bloom on it. To say I was excited is an understatement. My big question now is what color will it be. According to the seed packet the color could be white, lilac, blue or purple. I have a total of five planted in my yard with five more in pots so I am very hopeful that I will have more than one color. Several of the pots actually have more that one plant growing in it. I thought about separating them but changed my mind. I did not want to risk damaging the plant or possibly killing it when I took them apart, also I thought that by some chance the plants are a different colors it will look amazing when they bloom together. I just cant wait, I know they will be absolutely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment