This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Amaryllis pods



Well it has taken a while but my amaryllis seed pods have popped. It takes a while and it is something that can not be rushed. You have to let the seed pod dry out naturally. This amaryllis bloomed almost two months ago. My guess is that I will get around 75 to 85 seeds (hopefully more). I already have over 300 already from other plants from this year. The amaryllis that these seeds came from is the same amaryllis that all my current 3 year bulbs have come off of, so it is special to me. I am hopeful that the bulbs I started two years ago will bloom in the next two years. It takes around 5 years for a amaryllis bulb that has been grown from a seed to reach bloom size.

No comments:

Post a Comment