This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Dahlia bud



It was around February 14 that I bought a yellow Dahlia and planted it in the yard. I had never planted one before, but I figured I had good luck with amaryllis and my little girl liked the way it looked so I thought I'd give it a try. It is a slow grower considering that it has been in the ground as long as it has. Actually I dug the thing up back in April because I thought it wasn't going to do anything. It has tiny roots starting so I put it back in the ground and figured I'd wait. I ignored the thing until I started seeing some life. Now it is on the verge of blooming. This particular color is called Seattle. It is suppose to be yellow and white. I am looking forward to it blooming, I just hope that the rabbits don't eat it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment