This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

House plant or outdoor plant ?



There are several plants that can go either way. They can be a house plant or a outdoor plants. Honestly some plants can be both. The one plant I have been lucky with is a coleus plant that I have been told can be both. Growing up my, grandmother sometimes kept a coleus in her home. So the plant evokes a special memory for me and my mother now that my grandmother is no longer with us.

For anyone who is not familiar with what a coleus plant is it is a leafy plant. The leaves are colorful (some are very colorful) and they are just leaves. When it matures it does have small purple flowers at the top of it so that it can seed out. I usually pinch them off so that the plant will live longer and sometimes bush out.

As of yet I have only started them indoors and then moved them outside and lost them when the weather cooled. This year I am planning to do something different. I am planing to bring in several of the coleus I started from seeds in for this winter. I have been successful in getting an amaryllis seed to sprout and live through the winter I am hopeful that I will be able to be successful with a coleus also.

No comments:

Post a Comment