This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Circle in the front













I am by no means a landscaper but I do want my yard to look nice. In the front of my house is a large circular driveway, and I have been wanting for years to put something to frame the circle to make it look better than it does. Well this year I decided that it would be the year to do it. When I told my husband all he said was put something up so I will not mow it with the lawn mower. That got me to thinking. What could I use. Pine straw is very plentiful in my area, so I figured it would be the perfect mulch. I have been using large sticks or should I say roots to frame the area, I have six very large oak trees in my yard I am simply digging or pulling up the roots that visitors and my family trip over. I would buy something to frame it with, but I want to see just how good it looks this way before I start doing that. I don't think it looks that bad. If I do start using something else to frame it with I am open to suggestions.



I have several Butterfly bushes I started from seed this year and I have been putting them about six to eight feet apart abound the circle. I just don't know what all colors I will have when they finally start blooming. The seed mix I bought was a mix of colors so it will be a surprise to see what colors I end up with. As of now I have six butterfly bushes planted and I have plan to plant two more in the circle. A part of me can't wait to see what the circle looks like next year and the year after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment