This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ammaryllis seed pods




The first Amaryllis I got did not bloom last year. The only thing I can come up with is that it did not get enough light. I know it was not dead because the leaves grew out of it ad they were a wonderful green color. I dug the Amaryllis up last year and placed it in a 6 inch pot and waited. I know that bulbs need a dormant period of time so I did not water it. I just let it sis in the pot in the dark (or should I say the semi-dark). Well several weeks ago it started to grow and of course I started watering the plant and I was rewarded with a beautiful bloom and when the blooms opened I was rewarded with what I now know is a Minerva Amaryllis. I took my small paint brush and pollinated the flower in the hopes that the flower would give me some seed pods. From the looks of the pods I think I will be getting some seeds this year. I just don't know how many, of if they will be viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment