This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Lilac bush from my Grandmother




Several weeks ago my grandmother asked me to come over to her house. She has a lilac bush and it had quite a few plants under it. She wanted to know if they were smaller or younger lilac bushes. They were she then dug a few up and transplanted them to another part of the yard. A part that had (or should I say has) a steady flow of water near it do the ground never dries out completely. Well the lilacs took root and then she asked me if I wanted one. When it comes to plants I will not walk away from a challenge. I dug up two of the little plants and put them in a container. One of the plants I think I must have broken too many of the roots because it did not survive, but the other one did.
Every plant I have ever transplanted the first few days the plant looks like it is dieing, but after the third to fifth day it usually perks up and if it does not I usually give it another few days (total about seven to ten days)and then I give up on it there is usually no hope for the poor plant.
My grandmother likes the smell of the lilac and it does have pretty blooms. I have been told that they are hard to get to grow around here but her bush seems to be doing well. I don't know how this lilac will do but I am looking forward to finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment