This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Basil and Cilantro







Several months ago My mother-in-law gave me some herb seeds earlier this year. She said that since I have such good luck growing things that perhaps I could try and grow some herbs. I had never grown herbs before but thought hey, I'll give it a try. I planted basil, cilantro, and thyme. I did not think that they would do well but I'm the type of person I'll try anything as long as it isn't illegal or immoral. Well long story short they sprouted and I had to repot them several days ago. I planted six cilantro and only one sprouted but what a plant I have now. I planted nine basil and all of them sprouted. The only problem I have now is figuring out how to dry them so that I can use them later. I planted Oregano and Rosemary several days ago and the oregano has already sprouted. I just wonder if I can keep it alive and later use it for cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment