This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Grandmothers Amaryllis

My Grandmother several years ago received two Amaryllis bulbs as a gift. She claims she can not grow anything so she planted the bulbs beside her house and basically forgot about them. To make a long story short she now has 5 amaryllis bulbs that are blooming. This is the first year she has had that many blooms. I told her that she may not have realized it at the time but planting them beside the house was the best thing she could have done because the house gives them shelter and protection in a way that planting them somewhere else would not. I asked her if I could pollinate the flowers and he get the seeds. She told me"Knock Yourself Out".

No comments:

Post a Comment