This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Marigolds my new favorite flower


There are a lot of things that I can grow and many things that I can't. I have tried time and time again to grow the herb rosemary. I think I will give up. I planted some bachelor buttons this year as well as quite a few others the one flower I have planted that did surprisingly well was Marigolds. I got them free when I ordered some of my seeds this year. I did not like them that much in the past because of the smell that they have but I think that is about to change. I discovered to mu horror yesterday that a rabbit had gotten into my flower bed and basically mowed down every flower that I had. They did not touch the carrots at all, but then I had marigolds planted all around my carrots. Some of the flowers were about to bloom. I was so excited because I had no idea what color they would be. To make matters worse the critters got to some of my pepper plants. I didn't think rabbits would eat peppers, but then they must have been hungry. I haven't looked at my garden this morning. I'm almost positive they haven't eaten every flower I have (I'm sure they left the few marigolds alone) but then there is no telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment