This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thrasher in a tree






I saw this bird in the back yard of my house. I have a tree that I call the bird feeder tree. All types of birds sit in this tree and yes they do fight in this tree. Near the tree I also have a birdbath. I guess you could say that this tree is the tree that all the birds come to. I've even seen the hummingbirds sitting in the tree, which to me is amazing since they seldom sit still.

This bird is called a brown thrasher, it measures around eleven inches from tip of bill to the tip of his tail, so he is somewhat larger than the birds that normally congregate at the bird feeders. The birds at the bird feeders are not worried because the brown thrasher eats insects, he's not about to take the bird seed they are eating, I guess he's looking for bugs which is a good thing. The more bugs he eats the less bugs there are going to be that eat the plants in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment