This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

I have a China Lantern



Well it has taken a while but I finally have a China Lantern on my plant. It is suppose to get up to 26 inches tall which is about the height of it now. I planted the seed the beginning of March this year. I was told by several people that I was starting the seeds to early, but I anticipated that the weather would get warm sooner than normal (which it did). It does not really matter most of the plants grew just fine and considering the rabbit problem I have had to deal with I think that they have all done very well.

The China Lantern is in a container, because the dirt in my area is not the best in the world, It is very sandy. So if I want my plants to do well I have to confine the plants to containers. I do however have six rather large oak trees surrounding my house which shades my home very well but the drawback is that they just take what ever nutrients out of the soil and leave nothing for the other plants around them including the grass. If I keep the plants in containers that takes care of that problem. Sometimes I will even dig a hole in the ground and place the container in the hole, it looks like the plant is planted in the soil, even when it is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment