This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

a new addition to my flower family







Well several months ago (August actually) I bought two amaryllis bulbs a mini double amaryllis called Zombie, why it has that name is a mystery to me. The other one I purchased was called a Black Pearl. The Black Pearl is what is called a jumbo. Well I got them yesterday and yes I planted them within hours of getting them. The Zombie had already started to sprout and so I knew I could not waste any time in getting it in the ground. I have never had a double amaryllis and am really looking forward to having one and watching it bloom. It is my hope that I will be able to cross the two and come up with something completely different. Wouldn't it be something if I came up with a double black pearl, or a something that no one has ever seen before. I am hopeful. I guess the most important thing is that I have fun and enjoy myself. I really do enjoy plants and watching them grow. It takes a while when you are growing bulbs from seeds but not impossible. The hardest thing is waiting because you have no idea what color they will be. Most Amaryllis now days are hybrids so there is absolutely no telling what color your plants will be. It could look like the mother, the father or the plant you got the seed from with hybrids there is no way of telling. It is exciting for me to see what will happen. I will keep you posted with words and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment