This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

butterfly bush colors







Well It has taken a while but my butterfly bushes have started blooming all over the place, and yes the butterfly's are all over them when they are in bloom. It is such a pretty sight to see all the butterfly's all over that bush, but that is why it is called a butterfly bush. Anyway the seed mix I got said that there were four colors in the mix. The colors were suppose to be white, lilac, blue and purple. Well of the ten plants butterfly bushes that I have now planted in my yard eight have blooms and of those eight five have blooms to the point that I can see what color that they are. Four of the blooms are lilac ans one is purple. The one I gave my mother-in-law also turned out to be lilac. Lilac must be the dominate color when it comes to butterfly bushes. I was so hoping for a white one. I might have to find someone that has one and take a cutting from it, or simply purchase one from a nursery. I have often wondered if butterfly bushes come in pink? I will have to do some research and find out, because if they do I'm going to want to get one of them also.

No comments:

Post a Comment