This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Friday, August 12, 2011

My plant had babies



Normally when you grow an Amaryllis bulb from a seed it takes several years usually 5 for it to reach bloom size. So back in 2009 I estimated that I would not get to see a bloom until 2014 possibly 2013 at the earliest. Imagine my surprise when I was watering my plants and saw that the bulb had what appeared to be offshoots, from my research the bulb can not have off-shoots until it is large enough to flower or bloom. Also from my research it can not bloom unless it has four or more leaves (this bulb has six). This is an Amaryllis that I grew from a seed and I am so hopeful that it will bloom. I have no idea what color it will be, the parent plant was a Minerva, which is a Dutch Hybrid so there is no telling what color the bloom will be or what size. Nevertheless I will be happy, happy, happy, and feel that I have really accomplished something.

No comments:

Post a Comment