This is all about my garden and how I make it grow.

This is what I have done in my garden and my yard to try to make it grow and be as beautiful as it can be.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

An easy way to Water













The heat this summer has been just plain awful on my poor plants this year. I have lost several in the 100+ degree heat. It is difficult to keep up with watering. I get my water from a well, and I don't want it to go dry. Well My husband and I went to a tool store that also sells a limited supply of gardening items. Well they had one item that I felt the need to try. It was a set of watering cones. There were 6 in the set. It used a 1 or 2 liter bottle. I used a 2 liter, I mean lets face it. The heat is just literally killing my plants and since it was in the ground, I figured I use the 2 liter bottle. It took some remembering to save the bottles, but I did. I am happy to say the things work. I placed them at the base of several of my butterfly bushes and the butterfly bushes did not go limp from the heat and the temperature was over 100. True I had to refill it during the day, but I was not in the heat and my plants were being watered.


I am without a doubt going to get some more, I don't know how many more I just know that the six I have is not enough. Next year I plan to water my plants at the start of the season with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment